Last modified: April 7, 2021
BigHire LLC (”BigHire” or “We” or “Us” or “Our”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from BigHire account holders or non-account holders who choose to use our website and that you may provide when you visit the website www.bighireco.com (our “Website”). It also describes our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information. This policy applies to information we collect:
● On this Website.
● In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
● When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if
those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
● Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by BigHire or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
● Any third party including our business partners including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Our Website is not intended for persons under eighteen (18) years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any personal information on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from persons under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, or register on the Website, create an account or profile, use any of the interactive features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. Furthermore, if you believe we might have any information from or about a person under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
● By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address,
telephone number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline
● That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your trade, types of applications,
skills, primary language, years of experience, access to vehicles, certifications, licenses, and educational experience; and/or
● About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
● Directly from you when you provide it to us.
● Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include
usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons,
● From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
● Information that you provide by registering for an account and creating a company or job seeker
profile on our Website.
● We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
● Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses).
● Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research and volunteer fulfillment
● Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You
may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
● Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of
the Website or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”).
Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no
security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of
the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do
not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies
to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
● Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other
communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
● Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating
system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across
third-party websites or other online services. The information we collect automatically may include personal
information. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service,
including by enabling us to:
● Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
● Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your
● Speed up your searches.
● Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
● Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your
computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on
your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our
will issue cookies when you direct your browser to our Website.
● Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies)
to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our
Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser
cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
● Web Beacons. Pages of our Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons
(also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit BigHire, for example, to
count users who have visited those pages or and for other related website statistics (for example,
recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
The Website may be served by third parties, including advertisers, ad networks and servers, content
when you use our website. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information
or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and
across different websites and other online services. They may use this information to provide you with
interest-based advertising or other targeted content. We do not control these third parties’ tracking
technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted
content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of
receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
● To present our Website and its contents to you.
● To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
● To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
● To provide you with notices about your account including expiration and renewal notices.
● To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into
between you and us, including for billing and collection.
● To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide
● To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
● In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
● For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that
may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please send us an email
to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
● To contractors, service providers, business partners and other third parties we use to support our
● To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization,
dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of BigHire’s assets, whether as a going
concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information
held by BigHire about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
● To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
● For updates and notifications regarding our Website and our Services.
● For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
● With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
● To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or
regulatory requests pertaining to Website services and/or job searching activities.
● If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of
BigHire, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal or corporate information that you provide to
us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
● Tracking Technologies and Advertising. You can set your browser to refuse all or some browser
that some parts of this site may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
● Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your
personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising purposes, you can
opt-out by sending us an email with your request to email@example.com.
● Advertising Offers from BigHire. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by
BigHire to advertise our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an
email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you an advertising email, you may
send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. We do not control third
parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these
third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in
this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising
Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal
information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we
believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Our website takes reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss
and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information
also depends on you. Where we have given you a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you
are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with
anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message
boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take
steps to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information
transmitted to our Website. Any transmission for personal information is at your own risk. We are not
responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
to how we treat our users’ personal or company information, we will notify you by email to the primary email
address specified in your account or through a notice on the Website home page. The date the privacy
policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Website and this